The Reason I Blog

"You will have significant experiences. I hope you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." -- Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sadie Tails!

Sadie's always had crazy hair. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that she even HAS hair. I just don't quite know what to do with it...
We've tried everything--baby lotion, water, pomade, and even gel and no matter what we do, it looks like this:


She has a natural part, 2 cowlicks, one side lays flat while the other sticks straight out, and the back always does this little spout that WON'T lay down.

We're able to slightly control her hair with clips and bows and we love that she looks like a little girl.


But I NEVER thought that at 4 1/2 months old I would be able to do THIS to Sadie's hair:

She hated it. She WOULD NOT sit still and it took everything Spencer had to keep her occupied long enough for me to get the pony tail holders in her hair.
It was a HORRIBLE experience for her, but SOOOO worth it! Cute Little Sadie Tails!

p.s. Her first haircut is this Tuesday.
Pictures to come... :)

4 comments:

me said...

I love the hair, it is so cute!!!! She looks much older than 5 months with pig tails but way way cute.

Katie said...

I love the pig tails (as you know, already)! I also love the other pictures you posted--she is getting so squishy! Super cute baby! You're car's kind of neat, too . . . . but Sadie wins :)

Brittani said...

I can totally relate! We had that same problem with Mara...crazy parts, cowlicks, nothing would hold it down..just know that the longer it gets the more manageable it will become. Mara had even more hair than Sadie if you can believe it! I can also relate with the whole "doing" of the hair. It's a fight everyday of my life, sometimes twice a day. Babies with hair are DARLING, but I totally understand why most don't have any!!! But I wouldn't have Mara any other way. Good luck with her first haircut! So fun!

Tay said...

holy cow she is soo cute!! and btw i just went through your blog posts and im not in ONE!! (rude) jk teehee - tay