The Reason I Blog

"You will have significant experiences. I hope you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." -- Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, November 2, 2009

the baby is gone...


And the TODDLER is here!

Our little Sadie Lou is ONE! I can not believe it was one year ago today that I was blogging (here) about the arrival of our beautiful daughter!

We had a great party for her on her birthday and she loved every second of it!


Blowing out the candle


not so sure about this...


"This is all for me?! Sweet! It's tasty!"


remnants of the giant cupcake


the party-goers


Opening presents!


She LOVES this Pooh Bear from Grandma & Grandpa Gillespie!


Playing her new gator piano


Enjoying one of her presents with Aunt Julie


Spencer and I have spent the last couple days talking all about the few days before I delivered and the first few hours of Sadie's life. We even went out to lunch at the same place we were eating one year ago when I went into labor. :)

I can't believe a whole year has passed with our tiny kid, and yet it seriously FLEW by! We can't even imagine our lives without this amazing little girl.

We Love You Sadie!

3 comments:

LauraLee said...

Thanks for the fun party!

Katie said...

Happy birthday miss Sadie! You are ADORABLE! I love the little cake, g. Sorry we couldn't make it to the party! We love Sadie!!!

The Stanley's said...

It's crazy how fast they grow up! Thanks for sharing the pictures.