The Reason I Blog

"You will have significant experiences. I hope you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." -- Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Lessons Learned

I've been a mom for 2 years and 5 months.
That is definitely not long enough to be giving any advice on the subject of motherhood, but in my short time as a mom I have learned a thing or two. 



You get used to getting peed on, spit up on, the smell of poo, and having all of the above touch your hands

Disney Junior is  my friend

My shirt will no longer ever be clean. It is okay to have snot, spit up, food, and remnants from dirty hands all over it.

It's okay to feel like nap time is the best time of day

Medicine is my friend...and my kids' friend

Sunday is no longer a day of rest.  Fighting my 2 year old through Sacrament often results in a harder workout than gym time

Days when I don't have to go anywhere are AWESOME.

I can get more enjoyment from watching a Disney movie in the middle of the day with my two little girls than I ever thought possible

My kid's outfits don't always have to match

Sometimes, Chicken Nuggets are a great lunch

Every child has their own sleep schedule to develop

Mother's intuition is REAL

Functioning on very little sleep is a part of every day life

It's okay not to shower some days

A runny nose won't EVER ruin a kiss from my kids

A diaper bag can never have enough toys or snacks in it

Playing at the park makes everyone happy


What have YOU learned?

8 comments:

The Stanley's said...

that some days nothing gets done, not dishes, laundry... and that's ok.

Ryan, Alyse, Paetyn and Ashton said...

Wow I am so glad to hear that I am not alone on the exact same things!! Thanks for the post it helped me to remember YES I am a normal Mom!!

LeChem Fam said...

We have learned that it is okay to have pancakes for every meal...that no matter how late the kids go to bed they still get up before the sun...and no matter how much they drive me crazy I can't imagine my life without them!!

Lisa said...

Ditto your list.
I've also learned that there is nothing better than spontaneous hugs from my kids. I got several tonight before bedtime. I hope you did too.

Michelle said...

I've learned that they grow up way too fast! And that each baby you have grows faster than the last! You have to take time to enjoy them!

Amanda Petersen said...

so cute! i love it!!

Rainey said...

It's so cool that you have learned these things!

Katie said...

I have just learned that you're a better Mom than I am :) I don't like snotty kisses. Also, do you want Nora? She's on sale today.