The Reason I Blog

"You will have significant experiences. I hope you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." -- Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Saving it for a Rainy Day...

Remember that one time about a year ago when we tried to have a Barbecue for Orem Summerfest?  Remember how awesome it was because of the weather??  check it out



I really could just say "insert last year's post here" and it would suffice.  The day before?  completely dry.  The day after?  super hot.  The day of?  Rainiest, Coldest day in weeks.  Just our luck.  

We didn't have nearly as many people this year and we did plan indoor games, which helped.  But serisouly!

We wondered if they'd even do the fireworks because of the rain.  Thankfully, they started right as planned.  Not planned?  The sprinklers coming on in our complex about 3 minutes after they started.  Awesome.  Seriously, what kind of luck is this??



We made into our backyard to finish watching the fireworks with a slightly less awesome view. Dave and his friends even jumped right up on the shed to finish watching.   At least it makes for an interesting night!





Someday this party will work...


2 comments:

.. said...

I swear that is how it always works! Doesn't matter if the weather man says it will not rain the day you don't want it to, but it always does! Looks like you still managed to have fun!

LeChem Fam said...

For a minute there I was actually missing living in UT! The Orem Summerfest what a great childhood memory rain or shine! Better luck next year!