The Reason I Blog

"You will have significant experiences. I hope you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." -- Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Successful Summerfest!

Finally!  We rang in summer the right way!  We finally got GREAT weather for our Summerfest party--perfect temperature, no rain, no surprise sprinklers...  Hooray!

We had a couples party this year and it was super fun.  We started with a tasty dinner of steak and chicken shish-ka-bobs, veggies and dip, chips, artichoke dip and grilled pineapple.

After dinner, we played a friendly, yet competitive game of boys vs. girls giant kickball.  The pictures are all blurry, cause basically we're all SUPER fast runners and it just couldn't keep up with us  :)




Once it got too dark to play anymore, we ate some delicious dessert (popsicles, cake pops and s'more treats) and settled in to wait for the fireworks to start.


 My mom, me & tired little Afton in the swing



 Jon & Anu  (their wedding WILL happen... someday)  :)



Spencer & Sadie.  
Daddy was super nice to let her stay up for fireworks

 

 Rachel & Jeff (kid-less!  An actual date night!)


 
Nicki & Ben (also kid-less!  I was jealous...)



 My cute little family


 Sadie & Scott hung out on the blanket to watch the fireworks.  
SO excited for them to start!



I love this.  She was absolutely captivated



Our backyard has a fantastic view of the fireworks!


Thanks so much to everyone that came!  We had a blast!

5 comments:

Kyle & Natalie Peterson said...

looks so fun! sad we missed it :(

Katie said...

FUN!!! I wish I would have been there. Where the heck were Cryst and Jas? You and Spence are so awesome and you do have a super cute little family, TRULY.

Rainey said...

It looks just like it was!

cryst said...

Jas and I are so sad we missed the party, but we're glad to have gotten to spend time with you and Spence after. I mean, Ruth's Chris was pretty dang amazing, but still. . .

Stubbs said...

Looks like fun! And what a great view from your backyard. Glad you weren't rained out this yr...