The Reason I Blog

"You will have significant experiences. I hope you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." -- Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Perspective

I'm feeling particularly grateful to be a mom right now. 


Ruby was born just a couple weeks before Afton, so maybe that's why I feel so drawn to their story.  Maybe it's because they have 2 little girls, both about my kids' ages.  Maybe it's because Afton spent a few days in the hospital for RSV.  (And yes, I know that pales in comparison to the struggles they had with their sweet baby) but I know a teeny tiny bit of that pain.  The pain of helplessness.

Check out their story and say a prayer for them.  And then say one thanking God for how incredibly blessed you really are.

http://aniandmatttaylor.blogspot.com/



Oh how I love my two littles.

4 comments:

Sara said...

It's amazing what you can learn from others, especially just how blessed you really are. I'm glad to be a mom too, whenever Tristan starts driving me crazy, I'm going to think of that little girl, thanks Angie

Jen Duke said...

Totally felt the same way. Bawled like a baby reading the blog last week after Ruby died.

.. said...

I'm sure everyone gets sick of me talking about adoption and being child-less. But reading about that family makes me think the same feelings are involved. Feeling empty. No little laughs or running feet. Knowing you have no chance of holding that child any time soon. Its heart breaking. Any time curve balls in life are thrown you always wish it didn't involve little ones....

cryst said...

Ang, thanks for reminding us all that bedtimes, messes, accidents, spills, needing to dress in un-matching outfits, and a bunch of other stuff doesn't matter. Why waste the precious time we have with our babies over frustrations and annoyances? I know everyone says it, but they grow up so fast, so enjoy it. And be so grateful that they're alive to grow up that fast, and that you get to be there to see it.