The Reason I Blog

"You will have significant experiences. I hope you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." -- Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Living Room Makeover

We're currently in the middle of a little living room facelift and I am LOVING it!  We would love to sell our little 3 bedroom townhouse and get into something with more room, but until that happens, we're making the most of it!

Our first change was to get the TV off the ground and on to the wall (thanks Ben!).  We also took all our old decorations off the walls so we could start fresh.  We love how open the space feels now and we're bouncing a lot of ideas around for wall decor, DVD storage, new pillows, a new accent chair for the corner and new curtains.  Here's what it looks like currently:






We have a big temple picture like this that needs to go on one of the walls (except ours is Timp)



And we're thinking of something like this for around the TV


I've also got some AWESOME fabric for new pillows (giraffe print, yellow chevron, striped red and an aqua damask).  I'm so excited for new pillows!

Other than that, we're open to any other suggestions you might have!  Any input??

4 comments:

Kyle & Natalie Peterson said...

Sorry, I don't have much input... but I love that you hung the tv! It looks like you have so much more space! I'm excited to see your pillows :) k. i love you. k. bye.

.. said...

One of my favorite things to do is to re-decorate! I try to get Kelly to let me do that to our house every once in a while but he doesn't like change. I definitely like the red. It brings out alot in the room but bringing in a few more colors will be helpful. I like the picture idea around the tv. I have always like those big tall vases that people put in the corners of rooms, and then put big long grass in it. I also like having baskets around, for books for the kids or for the shoes or blankets. And flowers! I always keep a fresh vase of flowers in a room...it just makes it feel more like spring :)

LauraLee said...

Wow, big changes at your house! I am excited to see how it all turns out.

Katie said...

Hi again, pillow fabric. It's been a while. So excited for the big makeover, Ang!