The Reason I Blog

"You will have significant experiences. I hope you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences." -- Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Halloween

We always do so much around Halloween, it's almost overwhelming.  Good thing we love it!

This year at our party, Spencer created a "Prop Quiz" with clues from all sorts of Halloween movies.  It was pretty impressive!  Everything was labeled with an orange tag and it was a hit!  Here are a few of my favorites:

 Arachnophobia 


 Edward Scissorhands, The Shining, Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Misery


 Halloween, Jaws and The Mummy


 We played games, ate some tasty food and of course, had the costume contest.  They did not disappoint this year!

 Frankenstein and his Bride


 Fairy and the Mobster


 Nacho and Sister Encarnacion


 The Bumblebee and The Tooth Fairy


 Shrek Ogres


and the Thugs

Our Gillespie family Halloween party was just a couple days later!  We have a fun Halloween themed dinner and then a costume parade for all the kids (and Spence and Kris...)






We carved pumpkins a few days before Halloween and Sadie loved every minute.  (Afton fell asleep, so I guess she had a good time too...)





The Jack-O-Lanterns finished the decor outside and we were ready for trick or treating!  We convinced Taylor to wear her real Cheerleader outfit and come with us and Sadie thought it was pretty much awesome.





We came home with full buckets of candy so I think it was a success.  Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Spencer said...

Spooktacular! Such a fun holiday.

LauraLee said...

My goodness, you guys do go all out!

.. said...

I wish I could think of cool things like that for Halloween! Your costumes are awesome!